2020 SPECIAL EVENTS
ERMGC SUPER SUNDAY SHOOT-OUT
Super Bowl Sunday, February 2, 2020: 8:00 am shotgun
Twin Oak Golf Course
PLAY DATE AND TIME: Super Bowl Sunday, February 2, 2020: 8:00 shotgun
LOCATION: TWIN OAKS GOLF COURSE, 1425 North Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos
FORMAT: Two-Player Best Ball with three equally divided flights
ELIGIBILITY: All Regular and Associate Members of the Encinitas Ranch Men’s Club with a valid GHIN index. Single entrants welcome – singles will be matched with another single entrant at similar skill level.
TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE: $25 entry fee, includes prizes for:
- Flighted two-player best ball competition
- Low gross bonus awarded to individual player with best round of the day in each flight
- Closest to the pin and longest drive contests in each flight
- Birdie Shoot-Out: player with most net birdies in each flight wins one dozen golf balls of player’s choosing (tiebreaker: total yards on holes where net birdies are recorded)
- Super Bowl Pick‘em: $50 bonus for picking the winning team and margin of victory (tiebreaker: total points scored by both teams; if tie remains, then total points scored by both teams at halftime; if tie remains, prize to be split)
- Optional $10 skins game in all flights
- Optional $5 (payable at course): raffle ticket for giant screen TV and putting contest
GREENS FEES: $60, payable in the Pro Shop – includes greens fees with GPS-equipped cart, lunch and beverage, and range balls
FLIGHTS: Flight assignments determined by adding the handicap index for each member of a team as published by GHIN as of midnight, January 26, 2020. Teams will be ranked based on the team’s combined index (in order of lowest total combined team index to highest combined team index). Top third of field will be placed in the Encinitas Flight, last third of field will be placed in the Del Mar Flight, and the remainder of field will be placed in the Carlsbad Flight. Encinitas and Carlsbad Flights will play from the middle tees (6146 yards) and the Del Mar Flight will play from the forward tees (5423 yards).
RESTRICTIONS: Entries limited to first 72 entrants. Entry and registration must be completed no later than January 19th, by 7:00 p.m. To enter, go to the Club website: www.ermgc.org, then click on the Events menu, go to the Special Events tab, then to Super Sunday Shoot-Out.
PLEASE NOTE: This Special Event is for ERMGC Regular and Associate Members only. Twin Oaks is holding another event for the general public that will also start under an 8:00 shotgun, so do not confuse this Special Event with the tournament announced by Twin Oaks and JC Resorts. At check-in, let the Pro Shop know you are in the ERMGC Best Ball Tournament, fill out the ERMGC-only lunch ticket and Super Sunday entry, and, if you are interested in the Twin Oaks raffle for the giant screen TV, pay the separate $5 entry fee.
HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS!!!